To be eligible, an applicant must –
- be a domicile of Dadra Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu
- be studying in Class 11 to Postdoctoral level
- belong to Scheduled Caste (SC) community
- have a family income of less than INR 2,50,000 per annum from all sources
The selected scholars will receive –
- Maintenance allowance up to INR 1,200 per month for hostellers and INR 550 per month for day scholars
- Reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees
Additional allowances for SC students with disabilities –
- Reader allowances up to INR 240
- Transport allowances up to INR 160 per month, if the students do not reside in the hostel which is within the premises of the educational institution
- Escort allowances of INR 160 per month for severely handicapped day scholar students with low extremity disabiity
- Special pay of INR 160 per month is admissible to any employee of the hostel willing to extend help to a severely orthopedically handicapped student residing in the hostel of an educational institution, who may need the assistance of a helper
- Allowance of INR 240 per month towards extra coaching to mentally retarded and mentally ill students
- The disabled students belonging to Scheduled Castes covered under the Scheme can also get such additional benefits from other schemes, which are not covered under this scheme.
- The disability as defined under the said Act has to be certified by the competent medical authority of the State Govt./UT Administration.
- Passport size photograph
- Caste certificate
- Income declaration/certificate
- Certificates/diploma/degree, etc. of previously passed examination
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link below.
Step 2: Navigate to ‘Applicant Corner’and click on ‘New Registration’.
Step 3: Now click on ‘Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23’.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill out the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
Note – All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.