To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must –
- be a domicile of Puducherry
- belong to the Scheduled Tribes community
- be studying at post-matriculation or post-secondary level i.e. Class 11 to Ph.D. level
- have passed matriculation or higher secondary or any higher examination of a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education
- have an annual family income of less than INR 2 lakh
The selected scholars will receive the following benefits –
|Group||Courses||Hosteller (In INR per month)||Day Scholars (In INR per month)|
|Group 1||a) Degree and Post Graduate level courses including M. Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral research in Medicine (Allopathic, Indian and other recognized systems of medicines), Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary & Allied Sciences, Management, Business Finance/Administration, Computer Science/ Applications.
b) Commercial Pilot License (including helicopter pilot and multiengine rating) course.
c) Postgraduate Diploma courses in various branches of management & medicine.
d) C.A./I.C.W.A./C.S./I.C.F.A. etc.e) M. Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral Programmes (D. Litt., D.Sc. etc.)
|Group 2||a) Graduate/ Postgraduate courses leading to Degree, Diploma, Certificate in areas like Pharmacy (B Pharma), Nursing (B Nursing), LLB, BFS, other para-medical branches like rehabilitation, diagnostics etc., Mass Communication, Hotel Management & Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Nutrition & Dietetics, Commercial Art, Financial Services (e.g. Banking, Insurance, Taxation etc.) for which entrance qualification is minimum Sr. Secondary (10+2)
b) Postgraduate courses that are not covered under Group-I (e.g. M.A./M.Sc./M.Com./ M. Ed./M. Pharma etc.)
|Group 3||All other courses leading to a graduate degree that is not covered under Group I & II (e.g. BA/B Sc/B Com etc.)||570||300|
|Group 4||All post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is High School (Class X), e.g. senior secondary certificate (class XI and XII); both general and vocational stream, ITI courses, 3-year diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc.||380||200|
Note – Scholars who are entitled to free board and/or lodging will be paid maintenance charge at 1/3rd of the rate for Hostellers.
Additional Provision for ST students with disabilities –
1) Reader Allowance for Blind Students –
|Level of Courses||Allowance per month (In INR)|
|Group 1 and 2||240|
2) Provision of transport allowance up to INR160 per month for disabled students, if such student does not reside in the hostel, which is within the premises of the educational institution.
3) Escort Allowance of INR 160 per month for severally handicapped day scholar students with low extremity disability
4) Special Pay of INR 160 per month is admissible to any employee of the hostel willing to extend help to a severely orthopedically handicapped student residing in the hostel of an educational institution, who may need the assistance of a helper
5) Allowance of INR 240 per month towards extra coaching to mentally retarded and mentally ill students.
6) Study tour charges up to a maximum of INR 1,600 per annum limited to the actual expenditure incurred by the student on transportation charges etc. will be paid to the scholars studying professional and technical courses provided that the head of the institution certifies that the study tour is essential for the scholar for completion of his/her course of study.
7) Thesis typing/printing charges up to a maximum of INR 1,600 will be paid to research scholars on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
8) The students pursuing such courses are also eligible for an annual allowance of INR 1,200 for essential/prescribed books, besides reimbursement of course fees.
- Domicile certificate
- A passport-size photograph
- Scheduled Tribe certificate duly signed by an authorised Revenue Officer
- Income declaration, a certificate from the parents/guardians
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link below.
Step 2: Navigate to ‘Applicant Corner’and click on ‘New Registration’.
Step 3: Now click on ‘Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23’.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill out the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.