To be eligible, an applicant must –
- be pursuing studies at the graduate/postgraduate/diploma level in notified institutions of excellence in education
- have more than 40% disability and a valid certificate for the same
- have an annual family income of less than INR 6 lakh
A total of 300 scholarships will be given under this scheme. The selected candidates will receive the following benefits:
- Reimbursement of Tuition Fees and Non-refundable Charges Payable to the Institute: Up to INR 2 lakh per annum (subject to actual amount)
- Reimbursement of Expenses for the purchase of a Computer with Accessories: INR 30,000 (one-time grant)
- Reimbursement of expenses for the purchase of Aids and Assistive Devices: INR 30,000 (one-time grant)
- Maintenance Allowance for Hostellers: INR 3,000 per month
- Maintenance Allowance for Day Scholars: INR 1,500 per month
- Book and Stationary: INR 5,000 per annum
- Special Allowances (related to types of disabilities like reader allowance, helper allowance etc.): INR 2,000 per month
The aids and assistive devices may include –
For the blind/low vision –
- Braille/Braille Typewriter
- Laptop with screen reading software
- Laptop with screen magnification software
- Talk software for mobile phone accessibility
- DAISY recorder and player
For the hearing impaired –
- Binaural digital programmable hearing aid with provision for button cells
- Cell phone with SMS sim card
- Laptop with WiFi (Bluetooth) facility
- Photo of the applicant
- Certificate of previous academic marksheet
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Age proof certificate
- Income certificate of the family
- Bank account details
- Disability Certificate
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ link below.
Step 2: Navigate to ‘Applicant Corner’and click on ‘New Registration’.
Step 3: Now click on ‘Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23’.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue’.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email Id.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
Note – All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.