To be eligible, an applicant must –
- be a citizen or permanent resident of India
- have completed or is expected to complete the Bachelor’s degree by September 2023
- be available to start his/her academic studies in the UK by September 2023
- not be able to afford to study in the UK without a scholarship
- hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours, or a second class degree (2:2), and a relevant postgraduate qualification
Note: Candidates who have already been abroad for studies/training/ specialization either on scholarships or on their own, for a period exceeding six months are eligible to apply if they have been in India for at least two consecutive years as on the date after returning from abroad.
A total of 39 nominations will be made to the CSC by MHRD. The selected scholars will receive –
- Full tuition fees
- A stipend (living allowance) of up to GBP 1,516 per month
- Round trip airfare
- Thesis grant (if applicable)
- Warm clothing allowance (if applicable)
- Study travel grant
- Child allowances for widowed, divorced, or single parents (GBP 529 per month for the first child, and GBP 131 per month for the second and third child under 16 years)
While applying on the portal of MHRD, the applicants are required to upload the following documents:
- Admission letter
- Scanned PDF of CSC online application form
- Applicant’s photograph and signature
- Academic transcripts
How can you apply?
To apply for the scholarship, follow the below steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ button below.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Register’button and fill in all required details to register on the Sakshat Portal (Note: Candidates who are already registered can Login using valid credentials).
Step 3: After successful registration, click on the ‘Online Application Form’ for Commonwealth Scholarship.
Step 6: Fill in the complete form and upload the requested documents.
Step 7: Validate and submit the form.