To be eligible, the applicants must –
- be an Indian passport holder
- be currently residing in India
For Graduate Applicants –
- not be more than 30 years of age as on 5 January 2023
- hold a bachelor’s degree
For Early to Mid-career Professionals –
- not be more than 35 years of age as on 5 January 2023
- have at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Equal consideration will be given to candidates from urban and rural areas.
- The candidates who are enrolled in academic studies/PhD for the duration of the fellowship are not eligible to apply.
Depending on the geographical location of the fellow, the fellowship stipend will be as follows –
- INR 45,000 per month if the fellow is living and working in an “X” category area.
- INR 35,000 per month if the fellow is living and working in a “Y” category area.
- INR 25,000 per month if the fellow is living and working in a “Z” category area.
- For detailed information related to state categorisation, refer to the ‘State List‘ below.
- In exceptional cases, additional funding up to a maximum of INR 20,000 can be granted for special projects undertaken by a fellow. This will be approved on a case-by-case basis upon submission of a proposal describing the particulars of the said initiative and the expenses involved.
- Work Plan including a concise description of the work or research the applicant plans to undertake during the fellowship period (not exceeding 1,000 words)
- Statement of Purpose (not exceeding 1,000 words) which must address the following questions –
- How does the work plan contribute to social change?
- How do the plan to contribute to the public discourse on your chosen issue? 9Note -The applicant could employ any medium such as writing for publications, publishing reports, filmmaking, photography, blogging, archiving, theatre etc.)
- Letter of Endorsement from the Mentor (on their official letterhead), which must include:
- A brief description of the mentor’s work experience.
- A statement by the mentor as to why they endorse the applicant’s work plan.
- The mentor must also state that they agree to supervise the applicant’s work during the fellowship period, as well as indicate their willingness to review and comment upon the applicant’s quarterly and annual progress reports.
- Letter of Recommendation (Note – For fresh graduates an academic letter of recommendation is acceptable)
- Declaration Form
How can you apply?
The applicants can apply for the fellowship by following the below-mentioned steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ below.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Register’ button and fill in the required details to ‘Register’. (Note – If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email Id.)
Step 3: Navigate to ‘APPLICATION FORM IS AVAILABLE HERE’ right above the application timeline and click on it to access the application form.
Step 4: Fill in the required details, upload the documents in PDF form and submit.