The Well Mountain Initiative Scholars Program is a highly competitive scholarship opportunity for students in developing countries. Scholarships support students who are earning their first certificate, diploma or bachelor’s degree. The scholarship award lasts throughout all years of undergraduate education
Eligibility for the Well Mountain Initiative Scholar Program:
- Applicant can be a student, male or female, from a country in the developing world.
- Applicant must successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades.
- Applicant must be 35 or under on March 1, 2023.
- Applicants must be studying in his or her country or another country in the developing world.
- Applicant must be pursuing his or her first bachelor’s degree or diploma.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a program of study that will benefit the community and/or contribute to the continued growth and advancement of his or her home country.
- Applicant must be able to live and work in his or her own country after graduation.
- Applicant must demonstrate his or her commitment to giving back and has volunteered prior to applying.
- Applicant must have some other funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to go to pursue his or her tertiary degree without financial assistance.
WMI awards 50-60 scholarships per year, with a maximum scholarship of USD 3, 000 per year. The scholarship supports:
- Tuition and fees
- Books and materials
- Other related costs
How to apply:
Applications from qualified applicants will be accepted until March 1, 2023. Before applying, we strongly encourage you to read the WMI Scholar Program Information Sheet and also the Frequently Asked Questions for Prospective Scholars document. These two documents will assist you in determining your eligibility and guide you in the application process.
The following are required elements for an application to be considered complete:
- Clear personal photo
- Essay (topic is stated on application form)
- 2023 application form
- Personal essay statement
- Two recommendation letters*
- Official transcript of grades from secondary school
- Official grading key to interpret secondary school grades**
- Official transcript of grades from tertiary studies (if applicable)
- Official grading key to interpret tertiary grades**
- Official results from your national exam
- Official grading key to interpret scores on your national exam**
Click here to apply
Last date to apply : March 1, 2023.