To be eligible, an applicant must –
- be an Indian citizen
- hold a PhD./M.D./M.S./M.D.S./MVSc. degree at the time of applying for the grant
- hold a regular academic/research position in a state university/college or private university/college which is recognized by UGC / AICTE / PCI
- The term “Regular” in the context of this scheme refers to the applicants who are appointed against the sanctioned post or in a tenure post but are likely to be renewed after the end of the tenure.
- Applicants (PI) having any ongoing or have completed any SERB project/s is not eligible to apply.
- Applicants (PI) from centrally funded universities/colleges/institutes/organizations would not be considered for support under this scheme.
The selected researchers will receive a one-time grant of INR 30 lakhs (including overhead*) for a period of three years. The grant will be given for minor equipment/s, research personnel, consumables, domestic travel, contingency and other costs (analytical charges, equipment user charges, fieldwork charges, etc.,).
*Note – “Overhead” is provided to the implementing institution as per prevailing norms of SERB.
The proposal must include –
- Project Title (max 500 characters)
- Project summary (max 3,000 characters)
- Keywords (max 6)
- Objectives of the project (max 1,500 characters)
- Expected output, and outcome of the proposal (max 1,500 characters)
- Budget (Research Personnel, Consumables, Travel, Equipment, Contingency, Overhead)
Eligible applicants can apply for the grant by following the below-mentioned steps –
Step 1: Click on the ‘Apply Now‘ button.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Register‘ button and fill in the required details to ‘Register’. (Note – If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email Id.)
Step 3: Navigate to ‘How to apply online‘ and click on ‘click here to register‘.
Step 4: Fill in the required details to Register. (Note – If the applicant is already registered, kindly login using valid credentials)
Step 5: After successful registration, fill all the mandatory fields in Profile Details Section under ‘User Profile‘ which includes Bio-data (as per defined template), Photo, Institute Address, etc. and submit.
Note – The proposal has to be uploaded in a single PDF file not more than 10 MB as other technical documents (OTD).